Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book Review

Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of ThingsStuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book was eye opening and morbid and fascinating and scary all at the same time. The authors are truly experts in their field but yet write so clearly to the everyday person. They share the unique stories of people, not to expose them and humiliate them, but to show how hoarders exhibit the wide range of symptoms and how little is known about hoarding. Although this books highlights the extreme cases of hoarding, I see myself and my family in these stories. Maybe that was the authors intention; to show how human these people are despite their compulsions.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment